High levels of UV rays are the worst enemy of your eyes, so wearing the right sunglasses when you go out can protect your eyes from UV rays. But sunglasses, if used incorrectly, can harm your eyes rather than protect them. If you wear sunglasses and often experience sore eyes, blurred vision, and sometimes dizziness, consider whether you have sunglasses syndrome.
What is Sunglasses syndrome?
Sunglass syndrome is mainly caused by the compression of the infraorbital branch of the trigeminal nerve by the wide frame of the sunglass. The sunglasses with wide side, thick frame and heavy weight are just pressed on the infraorbital foramen, which causes pressure on the infraorbital branch of the trigeminal nerve, resulting in decreased vision and blurred vision. In severe cases, a series of symptoms such as headache, dizziness, dizziness, irritability and inability to see for a long time will occur.
In addition to the above symptoms, some people will feel a sense of pressure, poor breathing, and obvious nasal discomfort, like a cold. More sensitive people will also feel crisp, as if there are small insects crawling on the face, eyes sour bulging. These symptoms usually appear two to three weeks after wearing sunglasses.
In addition, wearing inferior sunglasses or the wrong sunglasses can also cause the following injuries:
1. Induce acute onset of glaucoma
Glaucoma patients wear sunglasses, the visible light into the eye is reduced, the pupil will naturally open, resulting in the anterior chamber Angle narrow, resulting in aqueous humor drainage is not free, for a long time, easy to induce angle-closure glaucoma acute attack. Patients can experience redness, eye pain, headache, sharp vision loss, and even systemic symptoms such as nausea and vomiting.
2. Cause amblyopia in children
The VISUAL FUNCTION OF CHILDREN UNDER 6 YEARS OLD HAS NOT YET DEVELOPED AND MATURE, WEAR sunglasses for a long time, the FUNDus macular area can not be effectively stimulated, will affect the further development of vision, and even form amBLYopia. Therefore, children under the age of 6 should not wear sunglasses.
3. Cause visual fatigue
Some people wear sunglasses regardless of time and place, whether outdoors or indoors, whether the sun is strong or weak, even at dusk, and when watching movies or television. This will increase the burden on the eyes, cause eye muscle tension, blurred vision, serious will appear dizziness, can not see for a long time and other symptoms.
Choose the right sunglasses to avoid the syndrome
Choose the right sunglasses, can effectively avoid damage to the eyes, when buying, you can pay attention to the following points.
1. Uv protection mark. First observe whether the lens has scratches, impurities, bubbles, stripes, check the outer packaging of sunglasses, regular sunglasses should be marked with the name of the product, color, diameter, quality level, the name of the manufacturer and trademark, mirror or hang tag is marked with UVA, UVB and CE mark of the sunglasses to ensure that block certain ultraviolet rays. The “UV400″ logo on the sunglasses explains that the lens can block all ultraviolet rays, 100% of the reflection, absorption of ultraviolet rays.
2. Choose grey, tan and green lenses. The color selection of the lens should be based on the principle that the color of the surrounding environment is not distorted, the edge of the object is clear, and the signal light of different colors can be effectively recognized. The color of the lens is gray, brown and green, because these colors of the lens absorb infrared and ultraviolet rays better.
3. Myopic sunglasses cannot be matched casually. Try to have vertigo, headache feeling when BUYING sunglasses. Myopic sunglasses must be worn to professional optometry shop. You can wear myopic sunglasses when you are sunny or traveling. You’d better still wear ordinary myopic glasses at home or in the office.
Post time: Aug-15-2022